Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dance recital

Quinlynne's dance recital has been on Sundays in the past. This year it was on a Saturday. Of course, as I stated in a previous blog entry, we had to be up & in downtown Tulsa at 8:40 Saturday morning for the walkthrough. I'm such a wonderful mother for being anywhere on a Saturday morning before 10:00. Charlsie, Penny & Penny's new grandbaby, Lizzie, came up from Arkansas to watch Quinlynne perform. Quinlynne was excited to give Lizzie the gift she'd been holding on to for her. It was time to get ready for the recital. I think Quinlynne was just excited because I put her makeup on her. I went all out, and didn't skimp on it. You'll see in the pictures. She really thoguht the "arrows" at the corners of her eyes were cool. Did I mention the large black feather on her head? The original one that came with the costume had apparently fallen out of the bag in Quinlynne's closet. The 7 month old cat got into the closet. Need I say more? I had to find someone to make a new feather contraption to don my child's head in her recital. Momma keeps the closet doors shut for a reason!!!


While waiting for the recital Quinlynne took the camera. Lovely pictures from a 4 year old. There are some pictures of Quinlynne with the 2 little girls she's been in dance class with since they were 2 years old. We took the picture of us ourselves. I may just be patting my own back, but I really think she's ending up with my smile.
I did not take any pictures of her during her dance because my camera will either record or take pics, not both at the same time. As soon as I can, i will post her dance on youtube for you to see. She really made me proud. To say she shook what her momma gave her is putting it mildly. She stopped during the dance once to scratch an itch she had on her leg, and to wave HI to me. Adorable. I'll work on posting to youtube soon. You'll love it!


After the recital, I got tired of holding on to the black feather contraption that belonged on Quinlynne's head. So, I stuck it in my heair and kept right on moving. My mother apparently thought that was hilarious because she had to take some pictures of it. Aren't I sexy? (I can't get the picture to move down here, so imagine it's posted right here!)

No comments: