Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lester the elf


So Grandi got Quinlynne this thing called Elf on the Shelf. Here's the jist: there is an Elf, you name it, the elf hides in your house & ever night, after the kid goes to sleep the elf goes to the North Pole to report to Pere Noel if said child has been naughty or nice. When the elf comes back to your house, he tries to hide in a new spot. Said child cannot touch elf, or the magic will be ruined.


I was skeptical of this little setup. But ya know what?? Quinlynne LOVES it. Every morning she comes into the living room to try to find where Lester the Elf is. She has found him every day almost right off. This morning Genevieve the kitty found Lester the Elf and knocked him down. Quinlynne was pretty irritated, but she wouldn't touch Lester (remembering the magic). Wow- can I keep this Elf out all year long??

2 comments:

Lauri said...

That is a fantastic idea!!! I wish I had heard that one a few years ago. Maybe I can pull it off next year, but I doubt it.

Anonymous said...

I love these! My kids caught on, though, and now it doesn't work. Boo. You have a few good years left with Miss Q! Merry Christmas!