Thursday, February 5, 2009

sometimes brothers are cute

Yesterday I got a random phone call from my brother. He and his family live in Independence, KS. Independence is a rather small town. No Target, no Sears, no Old Navy, only Walmarts (as my brother calls it). He has been in another slightly larger town taking a class for work this week. I guess this other town has an Old Navy. My brother was so excited when he called me. He first had to tell me how proud he was of me for doing well on my test. Then the real reason he called.....he bought his first bits of baby clothing for his firstborn child that should be arriving in April. He told me he got 3 different onesies, a pair of khaki pants that roll up, and this little number:
Isn't that cute? He didn't know what to call it. So he tried to describe it and said it was a khaki colored little skirt thing with straps like suspenders....and it was made of corduroy. Can you just see my big, manly brother shopping for these little girl clothes all by himself? He got size 3-6 months. He was so proud of himself. Too cute!
Kind of reminds me a BIT of his first baby item he ever bought. The day Quinlynne was born was Aaron's first day of classes at OSU that year. He was so bummed that he couldn't be there for her birth. So, after I had her and I had been wheeled back to the delivery room from the operating room, I asked someone to text him and let him know the baby was there. No one knew how to text so I had to do it. He had apparently discovered his phone had come out of his pocket in his first class and had to sneak into the room to get it. He was standing in the hallway when he read the text message telling him it was a girl and the other vital information. He got all excited and these girls standing there thought it was adorable. He later went to Eskimo Joe's and was shopping for a little shirt to bring his new niece. He wasn't sure what size to buy, or anything of the sorts. The salesgirl asked him how old the baby was and he looked at his watch and said "3 hours". The girl showed him the newborn size tshirts! He showed up with a cute little yellow Eskimo Joe tshirt that Quinlynne later wore in the hospital!

1 comment:

Angela said...

He is too cute and excited! Hey I think I figured it out...when you comment, under "choose an identity" click the "google/blogger" circle not name...understand? I don't know what is happening...must be my "thigh"roid acting up!!