Saturday, February 21, 2009

Maybe a makeup artist?

In case Quinlynne's dreams to be a stylist don't pan out- perhaps she can be a makeup artist. The girl is pretty enamored with makeup and lip products, nail polish, etc. So, for Valentine's Day she got her own little makeup kit. Now, this is not a makeup kit from the toy section- it's the real deal. I did not give her her Valenentine's gifts until right before she went to bed because we'd been gone all day long. So, I told her she could play with her makeup when we got home from church the next day.


I tell you, the door was not even shut from us walking in the door after church before Quinlynne was asking me to open her makeup. The girl didn't even use a mirror. She just started putting it on. We had all sorts of colors on the eyelids (mainly the right eyelid) and pink blush on the cheeks. Apparently, one must also reapply makeup periodically....every 20 minutes. (I don't know where she gets that. Once I do my makeup in the morning- I most usually don't touch it until I take it off at night.) She was certainly proud of herself.
I guess I'll have to make sure she tones it down a bit before she starts wearing it for real....or at least how to use it evenly!

No comments: