Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My first Nursing School test

First of all- HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!
We have 6 more weeks of winter.
I thought I'd let you all know that I took my first big test in Nursing School yesterday. (I believe I asked you to keep me in your prayers.) Have I ever told you all that I am NOT a good test taker? I'm not. I was somewhat nervous. I mean, it was the first test, I didn't really know how it was going to be laid out and how can you really study for something like that? I wasn't going to kill myself trying to study for it. I read the covered material, I looked over the powerpoint presentations, I took the sample NCLEX style test questions provided on the CD that comes with the book. I was somewhat nervous because all these other people had flashcards, outlines of notes where they'd studied, case studies they'd written stuff up on, etc. That makes me feel like such an underachiever. That's just not how I roll, academically speaking. I just kept telling myself that if I could make a passing score and a score good enough to get me into law schools when I took the LSAT 5 weeks postpartum, I could pass this test. (For those of you who haven't taken the LSAT- it's a standardized test full of NOTHING BUT "choose the most correct" answers.) Nursing tests are like that...choose the most correct answer. Anyhow- long story short- I passed the test with an 80! NOT the best score, I admit- but it's a B! My score was higher than the average score by 5 points. So, I'll take it! Prayers were answered! Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I thought of you all day yesterday! That has to feel good to have out of the way.

Sara said...

Ah, so happy for you - Nice job!! Also, big props on the LSAT - one of the most difficult tests ever!

Quin's momma said...

It does feel rather good. It gives me hope to keep chugging along. I do have half a clue!

Pepple said...

Yay, Great job!! I bet you are realived to have it over with.

Jen said...

That's great! Congratulations!