Friday, January 29, 2010

Crap, Crap go away (sung to the tune of Rain, Rain go away)

I try to not gripe too badly about weather. I mean, what can I do to change it, really??? But here's the low-down....I like it very mild. I don't enjoy tons of winter weather & I do not enjoy it being 112 with 765% humidity. Now don't think the only winter weather I've ever been exposed to is the winter weather Oklahoma has to offer. No, no, my friends. I spent two LOOOOONG winters in Minnesota. I have had my snot freeze coming out of my nose, I have seen spit freeze before it hits the ground. That crap just is not natural.
Anyhow, Oklahoma is having more than its normal share of Winter weather this year. I've always heard that the longer it's below freezing, the more nasty bugs & insects are killed off for the Summer months. Is there any truth to this? I don't know. And frankly, I don't feel like looking up that information. You see, my friends, we started with the Winter precipitation again yesterday. Ice storm, then snow. We (at my home) did not get as much ice as we anticipated, but more snow fell than we thought. I think we got something like 6-7 inches. No drifts this time. Just snow on top of ice. The trees are all weighted down. Poor trees.
Schools were all canceled. My daughter does not handle being cooped up very well. I do not handle being cooped up with her. I don't know what I'm going to do to get us through the rest of the weekend. Prayer- that's what I'm going to rely on I think. I'm going to pray that I'm not too mean, and she isn't too "cabin feverish".

3 comments:

Sally said...

I feel the same way about this weather. And we are supposed to be flying to Philladelphia tomorrow.

Mom said...

Brenda's mom here...Put on your boots and coats and gloves and GO play! Put out some bread crumbs for the birds. Shovel your walk w/o giving yourselves heart attacks. A little at a time. Then come in and have some hot chocolate and marshmallows. Read some good books and then put in a warm and sunny movie and take a nap! Bake some cookies and take to the neighbors. If you don't have to go anywhere be grateful you are safe and warm and bored at home. If you do have to get out, BE CAREFUL and be grateful you are no longer bored!!

Brenda said...

As a total desert rat, I feel for you! And I'm very sorry Seth's commotion this week delayed the mailing of your quilt! So sorry.