Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thus Sayeth

OK, apparently in school, Quinlynne has been learning about good choices and bad choices and how when we make good choices it makes Jesus happy. When we make bad choices, Jesus is not happy. A few weeks ago I was watching CSI:NY and before I could get the channel changed, the bad guy on TV had executed like 6 teenagers. Quinlynne, of course, was watching. She turned and looked at me and said "Oh now, that was a real bad choice." Me: "You're right, that was a really bad choice. Let's see if Sesame Street is on."

Well, Sunday night/Monday morning I was awakened by Quinlynne at about 4 in the morning. Apparently her PullUp was not on right and she had wet the bed, and herself. So, I get up and go to her room and make her get naked and change clothes, without waking myself up too much. I give her a nightgown and she says "It's not too chilly for a jammie dress, Momma?" Cracked me up. So- I take her to my bed and just put her in there so I don't have to strip and remake her bed. First she wants to watch Strawberry Shortcake and her shows. I have to tell her that it's not time for TV, it's time for us to be sleeping. Then she wants her cup. Again, I tell her it's time for us to close our eyes and sleep. About 30 minutes later I wake up, and there is this pair of big brown eyes about 2 inches from my face. This is what the mouth connected to those eyes is saying "Momma- Jesus wants me to have my cup." I repeat her and say "JESUS wants you to have your cup?" She says "Yes. That'd be a real good choice." I was stuck between yelling and laughing. I just went back to sleep.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I don't know if you heard but Jesus also wants you to go to a 9 to 9 crop with your wonderful friend Angie REAL soon!! She misses her girls terribly!!

Sally said...

James has told me before that it makes Jesus happy when he play video games. How do they think that stuff up.

Lindsay said...

Too Funny!