Monday, September 8, 2008

Prayers of Comfort needed

Many of you may have heard me talk about my friend, Brenda. Brenda is pregnant with she and her husband Matt's 3rd baby....another boy! Brenda is scheduled for her c-section a month from today on October 8. She has been experiencing a few difficulties with this pregnancy- so she's been in my prayers an extra amount. Brenda and the boys are scheduled to come to Broken Arrow for a few months while Matt finishes film school in Los Angeles. After Matt finishes this schooling, the whole fam is moving to Hollywood...Santa Clarita I think. I have been having a feeling that Brenda needs me- and I had just talked to her about coming out to help her pack up the house, help with the last minute things for the baby, etc. She is busy making her sister's wedding announcements- so she said she was concentrating on that first- then she would work on the house.
Mom came home from church yesterday with terrible news. Matt was on his way home from LA (he has been going out there every other weekend to work on some film stuff and the guys he's working with have been coming to AZ on the other weekends) and he was killed in a car accident. Apparently there was a tractor-trailer that had just overturned in the highway, so there were no markers or lights. An SUV had also run into the trailer, then Matt did. My poor, poor friend. Brenda's mom was able to fly out Sunday evening, and Brenda's brother and sister in-law do live nearby. They were able to be there with her yesterday. I don't want to call her, as I know how terribly, terribly busy it is when someone in your household dies. I need to be there for her. I do love my friend so much. I know this is awfully cliche-ish, but she is closer than a sister to me.
She and I were just talking on Saturday about different people's situations and how reading about them on their blogs, or other places, really puts your problems into perspective. She was saying how at least her "trials and tribulations" were not leaving any scars. (In reference to the Nielsons in Mesa, AZ...have you read about them?) So, if you could please keep my friend and her family in your prayers- at least for comfort- I know without a doubt that our Father will hear them and His arm around her to comfort her.

3 comments:

miamore said...

I'm so sorry !! Prayers for Brenda, their boys, and the entire family.

Becky said...

My heart has just ached since I heard the news on Sunday. I didn't know their oldest daughter but none the less still so horrible. My thoughts and prayers have also been with her. Thank you and your mom so much for the supportive thoughts and actions you have given my family, I appreciate them greatly.

Sally said...

I know that I don't know them personally, but for some reason this tragedy has really hit me hard. I have been praying for her and her family so much.