Sunday, July 20, 2008

Really impresed

This year my mom is in charge of our family reunion. The theme is Christmas in July and it is next weekend. Needless to say, there is a bit that still needs to be done and she wanted to take advantage of the weekend to get some of it done. My contribution to yesterday's working was to keep Quinlynne out of the house. Not that Quinlynne is a naughty girl when working is going on, but she thinks she needs to "help" as well.....and we all know how that goes.

So, yesterday morning Quinlynne and I met my cousin Audra and her two boys (and her mom) at a splash pad in Broken Arrow. Quinlynne and Deacon had quite a fun time playing around and they played quite well together. Beck, who just turned 1 was fun for us adults to watch. He is just the cutest little baby boy! Deacon and Quinlynne did include Beck periodically and some little girl was trying to pick up Beck and his face was just priceless.

After we had enough of the beautiful 95 degree heat before noon, we packed up and took the kids to get a bite to eat. Quinlynne and I then headed to the Affair of the Heart craft show at the fairgrounds. We went from one end to the other. Quinlynne did very well in her stroller, except towards the end when she started thrashing about, giving me dirty looks and saying "I want to go home!"

After the craft show we had to go to Toys R Us. Amazingly enough, Audra, Deacon and Beck were there, too! (Yes, we planned that.) Quinlynne and I spent a while there then decided they didn't have what we wanted. We then went to PetsMart to look at cats, fish, birds and ugly rodents. We also enjoyed tickling each other with the feathered cat toys. On our way out to the Jeep Quinlynne took a spill off the curb onto the parking lot. I think it shocked her more than anything. I picked her up and she immediately told me she thought I needed to look in the bag and see if we had any medicine that goes in her mouth for her hurts. We then went to Target and looked all around for several things we needed.

Can you believe we did all this and Quinlynne never had any meltdowns and I never got totally frustrated with her and she never threw any fits? I was quite impressed. She had only had a couple of cat naps in the car during this entire time. All in all, we had quite a fun time and I thought I had tired her out....but the little stinker didn't go to bed until 11:00! Where does she get this???

1 comment:

Sally said...

Since I just ran into your mom last week at the gas station at midnight, I'm gonna say she gets it from her!