Tuesday, July 15, 2008

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Happy Independence Day! You know, sometimes I get a little teary eyed when I'm watching the fireworks. I imagine the "rockets' red glare" and "the bombs bursting in air" that inspired the words to our National Anthem and I'm just filled with the Spirit and thankfulness to know that we are living in the chosen land. These are fairly deep thoughts to convey to a two year old, but I try. I don't think it made it through to her, but I'll continue to try.

Martez fixing his plate. Elijah smelling his chicken.
To celebrate our Independence Day, we had over Uncle Charles and Aunt Connie, Charlsie and Penny, and the Cullom family (Angie, Martez, Elijah & Isaiah) and of course, as with most holidays...we end up doing things with our family across the street- the Blackburns. We cooked out, had homemade banana ice cream, and watched fireworks. Since we don't live in city limits, we were able to see fireworks all around us. Some of them were quite spectacular. Tammie- don't fall out of the Expedition!

I&Q doing sparklers.

Of course, the little kids got to do sparklers, which they loved. It was so stinkin' humid I was quite miserable and everyone was wet from perspiration (sweatin' like pigs). Overall, I think a good time was had by all!
Q- taking it all in.

No comments: