Monday, April 4, 2011

Maybe not December

So I have some news. I'm going to be dropping my Clinical Psych Nursing class. I'm NOT doing well in it, at all. I may have already told you this, but I'm struggling- period- this semester. In order to give myself a fighting chance of passing Critical Care & Manager of Care, I decided that I'm going to withdraw from the Psych class. After that thought occurred to me (I was in the shower), it was like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. I'll be taking the Psych class in the summer. That means I'll be able to take the NCLEX shortly after finishing the class. I won't be pinned until December. That makes me sad.....but it's for the best I think. So, instead of studying for the Psych test which is tomorrow, I decided to work on a project I've been wanting to do for a few weeks now. This is a prototype. It's a potholder. It's supposed to be vintage looking. I picked the fabrics because they reminded me of the old flour sack fabrics that so many old quilts are made from. I've already finished a second one, and I hand stitched the binding. I think that makes it look better. SO SO SO much better than studying!!

2 comments:

April said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your psych class. I know it was hard to make that decision, but it's better to drop the class and stay sane than keep it and end up a patient! ;)
Hang in there, you'll make it. Besides, it's NCLEX that matters most anyhow, not the pinning ceremony. When I got pinned, all I could think was "this is worthless if I don't pass boards." It was after boards that I was doing the happy dance!

Angela said...

Sorry but slow and steady wins the race!! BTW I love the potholder!