Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Crazy time of year

Anyone noticed how crazy the time span of mid-November to January 1 is? I think it's the same way from late March-the beginning of June. There is SOOOO much going on, especially if anyone in your family is involved in school and school activities. There's Spring Break, tests, Easter, Teacher Appreciation week/day, graduation, etc. Quinlynne had her Preschool Graduation this past week. It was very adorable. The beginning of the program was the preschool's Spring program. The 2, 3, & 4 year olds each had some songs they sang. Then the 4 year olds donned caps & "gowns" and marched in as their name was called. After they were gathered at the front of the chapel they all sang "Lean on Me". Very cute. I almost got tears in my eyes. I held out though. I was thinking to myself "Shandolynne, you won't blink your eyes and it will be her high school graduation you'll be attending."
Here are a few pics of the special evening. There is Quinlynne before we left the house, acting goofy; Quinlynne & her teacher, Mr. Cody; Quinlynne entering the chapel; and me & Quin (notice I have more chins than a Chinese phone book. I was falling as I was squatting down, trying to not drop the camera and take the picture...can you believe no one offered to take the picture for us? I'm sure I would have looked at least 200 lbs slimmer!)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I have heard that if you look down slightly, you appear to have less chins. I need to look down so far that the picture would be of the top of my head! haha I think you guys look very cute and I love her dress!

Brenda said...

Lol about the Chinese phone book! You're just feeling sensitive though--that's actually a really cute picture of the two of you.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness....more chins than a Chinese phone books! HI-LAR-I-OUS!! Never heard that one before and I love it!