Friday, April 9, 2010

Does it look like I poop money??

Aaron, Quinlynne & I went to Arkansas yesterday. We went for a couple of reasons. My 2nd cousin, CJ, has a new little baby girl named Lizabeth. She is 3 weeks old now & we thought we needed to see her. She is adorable. We have also had this huge entertainment armoire under our carport since Thanksgiving that was meant for CJ. We delivered it. My aunt, Charlsie, gives chair massages at a hotel in Ft. Smith a few evenings a week & we decided to stop by to see her, too.


We finished at the hotel & I had to visit the ladies' room before we hit the road again. Aaron took Quinlynne & went out to the truck. I walk outside & Aaron decides to play that annoying game of taking his foot off the brake every time I try to open the door. Quinlynne was laughing. All of a sudden she gets this look of pure fright in her eyes & starts hysterically crying. I open her door & she is saying "I swallowed a penny. I swallowed a penny." My first reaction was to yell "Why did you have a penny in your mouth?", but I refrained. I pulled her out of the truck & determined that she could still breath. (Of course she can, she's breathing & crying hysterically.) I asked her if she could feel where it was. She first pointed to her throat, then her chest, then further down. I knew she'd be okay. I told her "Quinlynne, it's okay. You'll just have to poop out the penny." She turned and started running towards the hotel. Aaron & I asked her what she was doing. Her reply was "I'm going to go poop!!!!" We had to tell her it was going to be a while before that penny came out of her. I put her back in the truck and said (being the loving mother I am) "Why did you have a penny in your mouth? That's what you get for putting a penny in there."


After several questions about whether she would pee out the penny (her idea) or poop it out, she had a brilliant idea. "Momma, when I poop out the penny, I can get it out & clean it & put it in my piggy bank." Oh my child! She also must have been terribly frightened about this penny because on the way back to Oklahoma she said "Momma, you can swallow a penny & still live." Poor little thing.


Quinlynne had to call & tell Grandi about the incident. When we got home Grandi asked her why she had had a penny in her mouth. Quinlynne continues to avoid that question. She yelled "Are you mad or glad about it?" For a child who has problems pooping anyhow, this should be quite the experience.

5 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Now everyone will be looking at poop to see if she passes it. Too bad it wasn't a dime, a penny will be hard to spot!!!

Anonymous said...

That must have been so scary for her! I should introduce her to our dog who swallows money, Legos, balloons, erasers...you name it, I find it in the poop in the back yard!

Sally said...

Once when Samm was two and I was a really fantastic mother, I gave Samm a handful of pennies to play with and she ended up swallowing all five of them. I had to take her to the hospital because they were stuck in her throat but because she was still breathing fine they sent us home to see if they would continue down at night while she was relaxed. They did eventually pass completely out but I had to check her diaper for a week.

Marsha said...

This post reminded me of the Grumpy Old Men movie where the kid eats a quarter and the old man tell them he'll be fine unless he craps out 2 dimes and a nickel!

Angela said...

Too funny! So what was the verdict did she poop money? With all her pooping probs this could be interesting!