Saturday, February 6, 2010

This kid just keeps 'em coming

Wednesday morning I was getting Quinlynne dressed for school. Or was it Friday? Either way- she was excited to be wearing the outfit I had for her. She was wearing a black knit skort with red, white & pink hearts on it, a black t-shirt with pink, red & rhinestone sparklies that made a heart. I let her wear a pink bolero style cardigan with that. I also put her hair up in pigtails & tied pink ribbon around those. The kid looked adorable. She was so excited about this outfit. We're sitting on her bed & she said "Hold on momma!" She then cupped one hand over her mouth and put the other hand cupped behind her ear. I could hear her talking. She finished & then said """OOOh- wait one more second!" She repeated this. I wondered to myself if we had an imaginary friend making an appearance. I asked her what she was doing. her response was "Oh, I was just tellin' myself a secret." Do you know how hard it was to just simply nod my head in understanding when I wanted to bust a gut? How cute is that??
The second thing happened this evening. Mom, Quinlynne & I were at Wal-Mart. Out of nowhere Quinlynne tells me she wants a baby brother. I ask her what she wants him to look like. She tells me she wants him to look like her...brown eyes, brown hair- but she thinks his hair should maybe be straight. Then she decides maybe a little baby sister should be the way to go. She asks me when I can do this for her. I'm just baffled- what do I say? She then said "Momma, you gotta get married first?" I reply that I do. She continues asking what these new siblings' names should be. Then she's asking me about her "new daddy". Does this kid know something I don't? Anyhow- we make it home. We turn on the TV a bit later & there is a movie on that has a wedding scene in it. Quinlynne turns to look at me and says "Momma, why are you watching this? So you can learn how to get married?" Again, trying to NOT laugh I tell her that's exactly why I'm watching it. Sometimes I can just see the gears churning in her head!

6 comments:

Lauri said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Telling herself a secret! I love this kid and haven't even met her!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! She is hilarious!

Brenda said...

Hunter and I had the same conversation this morning! He wants another baby. He says another boy, but maybe it would be good to have a girl so she could be a sister...

Angela said...

I just love that girl! Give her kisses for me and secretly tell her we love her and miss her!

Mary Ann said...

just was browsing blogs and came across to yours and enjoyed reading it, a blessed love relationship of a mommy and a precious little girl, who seems smarter than her little age. Enjoy the blessings.

fathergodandi.blogspot.com

Sally said...

Samm has been telling me lately all about how we are going to have a baby brother. I just smile and say "OK honey."