Friday, November 13, 2009

Sorry

I know it's been more than a couple of days since I have posted. But, to tell you the truth- school has kept me hoppin'. The semster is coming to a close, and you know what that entails. Everything kind of starts the downhill trend, speeding up and speeding up! This week was not too bad at clinicals though, even though my patient was one sick guy. I got to go with him to have an EGD & Colonoscopy, and while we were in the PACU, it was great to see a lady from church (who is a nurse) bringing a patient in from the OR. It's always nice to have a friendly face! Soon, my friends, soon I will be able to say (hopefully) "Two down, two to go!" I am close to half done in my quest to become a Registered Nurse. Thank goodness! I just don't know why I didn't do this the first time around in school. It would have been so much easier. But, I didn't think I was smart enough, and I did what was easy for me. Hindsight's 20/20, right?


Since I'm talking about being in the PACU, let me include a picture of my child when she was 11 months old, in the PACU.

This was when she had her adenoids removed. I knew something was wrong when it had been over an hour since they took her back to the OR. Seems as though Quinlynne would not start breathing on her own after they stopped anesthesia. I knew she had scared everyone in all of the ORs, because they kept coming out (after I was with her) to look at her, but trying to look nonchalant. What's that old saying "Can't BS a BSer"? I know how to downplay things so people won't worry. I could feel all this gunk rattling around in my baby's chest, and the ambu bag which had not yet been discarded from surgery lying on her bed. Oh well- she came by the adenoid thing rightfully, I had mine removed 3 times, and Adar has always had problems with his. What a combination. So far, Quinlynne has had hers removed twice. I wonder how many times it'll take? Thank goodness for modern medicine and the people who Heavenly Father had with her in the room that day.

I hope that as a healthcare provider, I will be able to be a person patients and their families will be thankful for. It's my goal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good nurses make all the difference. I know you'll be great!

Brenda said...

You go girl!