Sunday, May 8, 2011

Its Maiden Picnic

Did I ever post that I have taken up a new hobby? For years now I have been wanting to quilt. I've always been quite daunted by it, though. I didn't have enough faith in my sewing abilities. So- I decided to grab the bull by the horns and go for it. It has been a little labor of love. I decided my first quilt was going to be something for Quinlynne & I. I picked colors that were kind of girly. I wanted this quilt to be one we could take on picnics, to sporting events, etc. (Let me interject here- a few days ago I went into an antiques shop & the lady there was quilting. I mentioned to her that I was almost finished with my first quilt. She could NOT believe that I was going to use it for the above listed purposes. Seriously?? I think quilts should be utilitarian.) Today we had a ward picnic, and I was excited to take the new quilt on its maiden picnic.
Quinlynne had to pose on the new quilt. She likes it a lot, I do believe. I can't wait to start my next quilt!!

4 comments:

April said...

Beautiful!

Quin's momma said...

Thank you!!!

Pepple said...

Its so beautiful! You did an amazing job!

Sally said...

I'm very impressed! Quilting seems like it would take way too long for me. I'm more of an instant gratification kind of girl.