Friday, June 3, 2011

PRE-K graduation Round 2

I'm sure I've told you before- but since Quinlynne is a late August birthday, I went ahead and had her do a second year of Pre-K. So, she will be starting Kindergarten this August, right before she turns 6. She has been going to the same school she has always gone to, but thankfully they have 2 Pre-K classes. Quinlynne had Mr. Cody for a teacher last year and this year she's had Ms. Pam. She recently had her graduation, and she was so excited for it this year.
On a separate note, I've been trying to teach Quinlynne the art of and importance of correspondence. I really do believe it is a lost art. I can't tell you the number of gifts I've given in the last 2 years and have not received a Thank You note. Seriously- graduation gifts, wedding gifts, baby gifts, teacher appreciate gifts...it ticks me off. How hard can it be? Sure, sure- I may have let a gift slip by without a thank you note...but I can probably count them on less than one hand. (Toot, toot!) All that to get to this: there is a teacher at Quinlynne's school who is expecting a baby. I was unaware that this teacher was pregnant. Quinlynne informed me of this and said "I'd really like to get a 'Congratulations' card to her, momma. OK?" I thought it was adorable & it made this momma proud that Quinlynne is paying attention. Also- Ms. Pam's husband had a hip replacement and when Quinlynne told me this, she asked if there was a card for that. Oh- my baby is catching on!

2 comments:

April said...

Oh, I am so bad at that! I am bad at correspondence, period. That's why I started my blog, because otherwise my family would think I died or something! I bought all these cards for this year with the goal to have sent them all by the end of the year. So far I have sent 1. Ugh....maybe your curly can come and help me fill out cards for people...lol.

Angela said...

Sorry I have "ticked" you off since I always have good intentions and buy the thank you cards but never get them done or mailed so I get aggravated and throw them away! Sorry! Do I get any points for the fact that I used to be REALLY diligent and good at notes w/my thank you cards?!?!?